Has the title of this week’s article got your attention?
Like many entrepreneurs and small business owners you are probably struggling with your work-life balance, right? You are working long hours, sometimes weekends, when you go on vacation you can’t help feeling the guilt, your phone or tablet is always on and always calling for your attention even at all hours of the night. Yet the reason you started your own business, apart from the passionate belief in what you are doing is…getting time to do what you want.
Just stop for 10 minutes (yes, you can!). Ask yourself why you aren’t able to find that “life” part of the balance. Do these reasons sound familiar?
- I need to really pour myself into this to make enough money at the moment
- I’m really busy because I can’t afford someone else to do some of the work
- It’s all in my head so I can’t let go
- I haven’t broken through financially yet
- I’m ultimately responsible
- As I expand there’s even more work to do
- Only I can do it
- There’s just so much to do
- The work comes with success
Think about those reasons just for a minute. They all come down to the fact that there seems to be a lot to do and you are the only one available or capable of doing it. Read More