If I asked you “What is marketing?” you might give me a technical definition or you might describe to me what it is.
But I’m pretty sure that what one person tells me is going to be different from what another small business owner tells me because there is a lot of misunderstanding out there about marketing.
When I ask “How do you market?” the definitions and stories get even worse!
I get answers like:
- You have to have a great call to action
- Tell them how awesome you are
- It’s about closing the sale
- You just have to be determined (others say it differently “You have to be pushy”
- Keep asking until they run out of excuses
So, what is it?