In 40 years of advising small businesses and helping them grow, I have noted that the most successful small businesses to 6 things really well:
- They show and encourage leadership within the business;
- They make planning a habitual practice in the business;
- They are always marketing;
- They ensure that their customer enjoys a fulfilling journey through their business;
- They have made their processes and operations efficient; and
- They do not neglect to understand their finances.
This week I’m going to talk about finances.
But I’m not going to teach you how to be an accountant!
I’m going to tell you why you cannot neglect the skill of understanding your finances and then set you a challenge that will show you how to cheat your way to mastering your finances!